- What services do you provide for elementary and middle school students?
- How is College and Career Pathways, Inc. different from other college access programs?
- What do you do that differs from guidance counselor services?
What services do you provide for elementary and middle school students?
College and Career Pathways provides workshops and activities for students in grades K-8 to introduce them to the world of work and the many career opportunities available to them. We then begin to translate that new awareness into future educational and vocational aspirations for each student.
- Provide our services at no cost.
- Provide comprehensive career exploration and development services along with our college access component.
- Provide services both at school sites and within the community, and make it easy for students and families to access the organization’s information, resources, and tools.
- Provide services to students in elementary, middle, and high school, to promote early awareness of educational and vocational options among parents and students. We also follow students throughout their college career to provide continuous support and ensure their success!
- Seek to ensure that all students graduate from high school with a plan to achieve their goals. We do not target only students traditionally considered “college bound,” with high GPAs and strong parental support, but strive to serve all students.
- Help students to develop a plan that fits their unique skills, interests and aspirations.
What do you do that differs from guidance counselor services?
College and Career Pathways works to support and supplement the work of school guidance counselors and staff. Because college access and career exploration services are our primary focus, we have the flexibility to provide targeted, consistent, and individualized attention to large populations of students. Our services are designed to ease the heavy caseloads that most guidance counselors carry and to ensure that as many students as possible receive adequate guidance along the pathway to academic and vocational success.