School-based Graduate Interns collaborate with and support the existing guidance program by serving as a resource for college and career information for students, parents, faculty and staff. Working with school counselors, Interns help to facilitate access to postsecondary institution for student participants, increase student and parent awareness of educational and career opportunities, and guide students through the career exploration and college application process. The position is part-time (15-20 hours per week) and will last through the fall semester, with the potential for continuation through the spring semester. Specifically, duties of the Intern include:
- Providing individual academic advisement to:
- ensure students are taking the appropriate caseloads and are on track academically to meet their educational and vocational goals; and
- help students develop and implement postsecondary plans.
- Helping students select schools of interest and complete college applications (including essays);
- Helping students identify and apply for scholarships and financial aid;
- Assisting students and parents with interpreting and comparing financial aid packages offered by colleges and universities;
- Conducting workshops on SATs, financial aid, and essay writing;
- Assisting with the afterschool tutorial program;
- Handling registration for the ACT and SAT, monitoring vouchers and fee waivers, and reporting trends in scores;
- Administering career assessments;
- Guiding students through the career exploration process;
- Maintaining positive relationships with school representatives, college admissions offices, scholarship agencies, and corporate/community partners;
- Maintaining accurate records and data on CCP students.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, sociology, social work, or other related human service field;
- 2-3 years related work experience;
- Good communication, organizational, and facilitation/presentation skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
Salary Range: This is an unpaid internship
Individuals interested in applying for the position should email their resume, cover, writing sample (1-3 pages) and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE